Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back to the Grind

Tony and I had a fantastic time in Italy. We spent three beautiful days in Rome, then took a train to Bergamo to visit Tony friend Battista and his boyfriend Mario, who were kind enough to put us up for a couple of days, make us laugh a lot, and take us on a day trip to Lake Como, near the Swiss border. Then, we headed to Venice for two days - one of which was Tony's birthday. Finally, back to Rome - with a day stop in Florence. For pics, just click here.

It really was so nice to be completely disconnected from 24 hour news cycles, and it was nice to come home and discover that not much had really happened while we were gone. Well, except that the entire American economy collapsed, the fundamentals of the McCain / Palin campaign short-circuited, Hurricane Ike destoyed much of Texas and the Midwest, Clay Aiken admitted that he's a lesbian and a plague of locusts enveloped the entire East Coast.

Looks like I'm back to the grind.

6 comments:

Lauren J and Acid Art said...

Glad you got to escape for a while. Love the photos! The shot of the Coliseum at sunset is fabulous. They made me long to take a journey!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and that the trip went well. The photos are AMAZING! I'm assuming that amazingly handsome man in Tony? Wakka wakka!

Anonymous said...

Whoops I meant "is Tony" not "in Tony". HA! Talk about Freudian slip!

Gavin said...

Great pics. I'm jealous! :)

familyman said...

Sounds like a great time. Really nice pictures. I recognize some of the sculptures from Art History class way back in my college days.

Ugh. I'd love to go there some day.

Cyrus said...

Lauren: If you need a little journey, I hear Miami is nice this time of year. : )

Drunk: The wakka wakka is definitely Tony. And he's not just looks ya know!

Y: Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE your blog.

FM: It's REALLY nice to see you still around. As for Italy...the entire trip felt like an outdoor Art History class - in a good way!