Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thank You TV Land

In what was supposed to be a much needed evening of mind-numbing after work couch napping and channel surfing, I found myself hurled back to my near-forgotten first celebrity crush. No, no, no, not Farrah Fawcett or Suzanne Somers or even Valerie Bertinelli. The dream date of my 10 year old heart was Matthew Laborteaux – probably known better by the masses as Albert from Little House on the Prairie. I never, ever missed an episode of LHOTP. Ever. That thick black hair and those deep, dark eyes full of adorable and charming reformed bad boy sexiness confirmed my long suspected gayness. I would have given up my K-Tel disco records in a heartbeat to live in Walnut Grove with Albert. Sure, I couldn’t proudly display posters of my crush on my bedroom wall like the other kids did – mainly because of the Little House shame factor. Well, I’m not ashamed anymore. So here it is. I love Little House on the Prairie. I’ve even thought of buying the DVD collection.

1 comment:

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It's funny who we like when we are kids. I was so into Michael Nesmith!

Now, a joke in the spirit of the Homeland Security post.

An old Indian chief sat in his hut on the reservation,
smoking a Ceremonial pipe and eyeing two U.S. government
officials sent to interview him.

Chief Two Eagles" asked one official,
"You have observed the white man for 90 years.
You've seen his wars and his technological
advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."
The Chief nodded in agreement. The official continued,
"Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white
man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government officials for over a minute
and then calmly replied ....

"When white man found the land, Indians were running it.
No taxes,
No debt,
Plenty buffalo,
Plenty beaver,
Women did all the work,
Medicine man free,
Indian man spent all day hunting and fishing,
All night having sex."
Then the chief leaned back and smiled ....

"Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like
that."

We are not so different, you and I, I am just less likely to post something that is not legal to a public area.

Aside from Special K and Xtasy have tried them all in my wild youth. Shroons, LSD and MDA were favorites.